Kavanevsky Vladimir was born in 1950 in town of Lebedin, Ukraine. He graduated from Kharkov State University, department «Cosmic radioph...
He graduated from Kharkov State University, department «Cosmic radiophysics" in 1973 and Kiev Institute of Journalism Skill, department "Press artist" in 1984.
His cartoons have published in many newspapers and magazines in the world. For example, in the newspapers "Yomiuri Shimbun" (Japan), "Izvestiya" (Russia), "Kiev Post"(Ukraine) etc., in the magazines "Nebelspalter" (Swiss), "Witty World" (USA), "Welcome to Ukraine"(Ukraine),"Eulenspiegel" (Germany), Courrierinternational (France) and many others.
He is a free-lance cartoonist. He has won more than 400 prizes on the International Cartoon Competitions in 49 countries, for example:
- First Prize on the Int`l Piracicaba Cartoon Contest, Brasil, (2013);
- Hidezo Kondo Prize on the "Yomiuri Int`l Cartoon Contest" in Tokyo, Japan (1990);
- Grand Prix on the 4-Th Int`l Competition in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain (1996);
- First Prize on the Int`l Cartoon Competition in Cuneo, Italy (1998, 2000);
- First Prize on the 14th Int`l Cartoon Competition in Olense, Belgium, (2002);
- Grand Prix on the Daejon Int`l Cartoon Contest, South Korea, (2003);
- Grand Prix on the Int`l Cartoon Contest in Seoul, South Korea, (2003);
- Second Prize on the First Int`l Cartoon Contest in Malmo, Sweden (2003);
- Grand Prix on the 12th Int`l Cartoon Contest in Daejeon, South Korea (2003);
- Grand Prix on the Int`l Cartoon Contest in Seoul, South Korea (2003), etc.
He had given the lectures on the theory of Cartoon Art and workshops:
* 7th International Humor Congress, Laie, Hawaii, USA (1989);
* 10th International Humor Congress, University Paris VIII, Paris, France (1992);
* International Conference on Humor and Laughter, Lycee de Garcons, Luxembourg (1993);
* 1999 International Humor Conference, Holy Names College, Oakland, California (1999);
* 2000 International Humor Conference, Kansai University, Osaka, Japan (2000);
* III International Cartoon Festival, Ankara, Turkey (1998);
* Iranian House of Cartoon, Tehran, Iran (2001);
* 2002 International Humor Conference, Bologna, Italy (2002);
* International Humor Conference, Dijon, France (2003);
* Universities in South Korea (2003).
The Personal Cartoon Exhibitions:
• Republican House of Writers in Kiev, Ukraine (1985, 1987);
• House of Belgian Culture in Bruxelles, Belgium (1992);
• City Hall, Kruishoutem, Belgium (1995);
• Cera-Bank in Leuven, Belgium (1996);
• House of Culture in Prokupje, Jugoslavia (1997);
• Café-Podium de Pomp in Antverp, Belgium (1996);
• Artcafe Wentelsteen, Leuven, Belgium (1994, 2000);
• Center of Culture "De Maere", Tielt-Winge, Belgium (1998);
• Holy Names College, Oakland, California (1999);
• Kansai University, Osaka, Japan (2000);
• Municipal Cultural Center, Urziceni, Romania (2001);
• Iranian House of Cartoon, Tehran, Iran (2002);
• Municipal Library , Dijon, France (2003);
• Kupeh Gallery, Tehran, Iran (2006);
• Nashr-e Salis Gallery, Iran (2006);
• Architects House, Kiev, Ukraine (2010;
Cultural Center, Houthalen-Helchteen, Belgium (2011);
• Wave club in Presov, Slovakia (2015);
Centrum Kultury, Inowroclaw, Poland (2015);
• National museum in the name of Taras Shevchenko, Kiev, Ukraine (2015).
Personal cartoon books "Heads" (had published in Belgium in 1995 and in Ukraine in 2000); "Revelation of Elderly Cupid" (published in Ukraine in 1993); “Homo Gibber” (had published in Switzerland in 2007); “Vladimir Kazanevsky. Modern world cartoonist” (had published in China in 2004); “Neck” (published in Ukraine in 2010).
The book about the theory of cartoon art “Art of Modern Cartoon” had published in Ukraine in English and in Russian in 2003.