Definitions of Caricature
Caricature (noun) In art or literature, portrayal of an individual or thing that exaggerates and distorts prominent characteristics so...
A caricature of Pope Francis by Angineer Ang (Seoul, South Korea)
synonyms: cartoon, parody, satire, lampoon, burlesque, sendup, takeoff
Caricatured (verb)make or give a comically or grotesquely exaggerated representation of (someone or something).
He was caricatured on the cover of TV Guidesynonyms: parody, satirize, lampoon, make fun of, burlesque, mimic, send up, take off
- cartoon, parody, satire, lampoon, burlesque, sendup, takeoff
- imitation, impersonation
- parody, satirize, lampoon, make fun of, burlesque, mimic, send up, take off
- Moving on from his Hogarthian images of the early 1990s, the elements of caricature have disappeared, although he remains preoccupied with brutalisation.
- He plays the role well without every going over the top or becoming a caricature , and is creates an extremely sympathetic character.
- A caricature of Pope Francis.
- ‘It's just fun, almost a caricature version of rockabilly,’ adds the Gutter Demon's bassist Flipper.
- He looked like a caricature of his normal self.