"Freedom of Expression" International Cartoon Contest & Exhibition, Norway
The Norwegian Cartoonist Gallery and tOOns MaG /Arifur Rahman invite you to particip...
The Norwegian Cartoonist Gallery and tOOns MaG /Arifur Rahman invite you to participate
in the International exhibition and contest “Freedom of Expression” 2017.
Requirements for participating:
1.The cartoon have to be new, never published before.
2.The cartoon can be produced traditionally or digitally.
3.Participants may send maximum five works. In case of including text, it must be in English.
4.Cartoons with your C.V. , address (in doc. format) and a personal photo have to be sent
to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5.Deadline: 20th of March 2017
6.Size: A3, JPG format with 300 DPI.
Awards and prizes:
1st prize: NOK 3 000.
2nd prize: NOK 2 000.
3rd prize: NOK 1 000.
Ten cartoonists will receive honorable mention award.
1. The Norwegian Cartoonist Gallery (Avistegnernes Hus), 22 April at 14:00 till 21 May 2017.
2. Norwegian Literature Festival in Lillehammer at Elephant Kunsthall, 31 May at 16:00 till 4 June 2017.
3. Kýchanie mozgu - Brain Sneezing, Prešov, Slovakia
4. Indian institute of cartoonist, Bangalore, India
Jury and exhibition:
An international jury of eight members will make a selection of the submitted cartoons
which are to be exhibited in the Norwegian Cartoonist Gallery and published
The jury members can be participants only in the exhibition.
Selected cartoons will be exhibited in Norway, Slovakia and in India so far and can be
exhibited in some other countries. Cartoons can only be used for promotion
purposes (printing, exhibition, websites, newspapers, posters and invitation cards).
We will publish the results of the contest on 31th of May 2017.
For further information, please visit www.toonsmag.com
Curator, Norwegian Cartoonist Gallery
Publisher, tOOns MaG
1. Jury members “Freedom of Expression” International Cartoon Contest 2017
2. Participants List “Freedom of Expression” International Cartoon Contest & Exhibition 2017