1. The contest is open to all amateur or professional cartoonist or anyone who could submit a cartoon regardless individual’s race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, or other protected characteristic.
2. Themes: Olive, Olive and Time, Olive and History, Olive and Mythology, Olive and Technology, Olive and Cyprus, Olive and Life, Olive and Peace, Olive and Conflict, Olive and War, Olive and Health, Olive and Women, Olive and Men, Olive and Children, Olive Oil, Olive Branch, Olive Tree, Benefits of Olive, Olive and Olive Mill/Press, Banning of Uprooting, Burning and Cutting Down Olive Trees and so forth.
3. All Submissions must be in the form of a cartoon. Any painting or illustrations will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Cartoons must be without words
4. All submissions must be originals. Submission dimensions: A4 or A3 in any colour or black and white. Each entrant must provide name and surname, address, phone number including country code, and email address on the back of the submission; each entrant should also provide short background and a photo (optional) on a separate A4.
5. Submission of materials, which has previously been submitted and or presented and or published elsewhere, is welcomed providing copyright is not infringed, however previously any award-winning material cannot be submitted.
6. All work submitted for evaluation by the International Selection Committee and work of finalist will be published at the official web page of the contest. In addition, submissions will be reviewed and evaluated for plagiarism by international associations. If Plagiarism detected and or any previously award-winning material submitted, submissions will be cancelled and the next eligible entry will be considered for the prize.
7. Entrants could submit more than one work, however, no more than one award will be awarded to participants.
8. All submission must be received by April 30, 2018, at the address provided below.
9. All submission, awarded or not, will be kept and archived by Cypriot – Turkish Cartoonist Association at the newly established “International Cyprus Cartoon Museum.”
10. All prize winner submissions and selected works by the Steering Committee will be published in an album and displayed at the 17th International Olive Festival will be exhibited in the festival area in Zeytinlik village within the scope of 2018.
11. The results of the contest will be published thru media and prizing winning entrants will be informed by contact information provided.
12. Kyrenia Municipality will provide travel and boarding expenses for three prize winners and six special prizewinners as stated in the terms and conditions of the contest. The prize-winning cartoonist must respond to the prize ceremony invitation within 10 days. The responses outside of 10 days are not considered.
13. The Kyrenia Municipality and Cypriot – Turkish Cartoonist Association will have the publishing rights to publish or print, in any media or format, any or all submissions.
14. All persons entering the contest agree that the rules of the contest as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. And all submissions could be published and printed by the Kyrenia Municipality and Cypriot – Turkish Cartoonist Association as set out in these terms and conditions without any future compensation.
15. For the exhibition and album, digital works can be sent to the following email address: [email protected] Digital works are excluded from awards.
1. Prize: 1,000 Euro + Gold Olive
2. Prize: 800 Euro + Silver Olive
3. Prize: 600 Euro + Bronze Olive
6 Entrants: Special Prize (Bronze Olive)
100 Finalist Prize
APRIL 30, 2018
Kıbrıs Türk Karikatürcüler Derneği
6. Uluslararası Zeytin Karikatürleri Yarışması
Posta Kutusu: 87 (Post Code: 99000)
Lefkoşa – Kuzey Kıbrıs (Via Turkey)