Freedom of Expression International Cartoon Contest & Exhibition, Norway
in the International exhibition and contest “Freedom of Expression” 2017.
- The cartoon has to be new, never published before.
- The cartoon can be produced traditionally or digitally.
- Participants may send a maximum of five works. In the case of including text, it must be in English.
- Cartoons with your C.V., address (in doc. format) and a personal photo have to be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
- Deadline: 20th of March 2017
- Size: A3, JPG format with 300 DPI.
Awards and prizes:
1st prize: NOK 3 000.
2nd prize: NOK 2 000.
3rd prize: NOK 1 000.
Ten cartoonists will receive an honorable mention award.
1. The Norwegian Cartoonist Gallery (Avistegnernes Hus), 22nd of April at 14:00 till 21st of May 2017.
Per Edgard Kokkvold, Writer, and Chairman of the Norwegian Broadcasting Council. Former newspaper editor, secretary-general of the Norwegian Press Association, and leader of the Press Complaints Commission will be inaugurating the exhibition at 2.00 PM on 22nd April.
2. The Norwegian Festival of Literature in Lillehammer at Elephant Kunsthall, 31st of May from 15:00 till 4th of June 2017.
Moddi Knutsen, Norwegian musician will be inaugurating the exhibition, and Roar Hagen, Norwegian political cartoonist will be announcing the name of award winner cartoonists at 3:00 PM on 31st May.
3. Indian Institute of cartoonist, Bangalore, India, 29th April to 20th May 2017.
Dr. Sathyabhama Badhreenath, Director of the National Gallery of Modern Art will be inaugurating the exhibition at 11.30 AM on 29th April.
4. Kýchanie mozgu – Brain Sneezing, Prešov, Slovakia (Details information coming soon)
Jury and exhibition:
An international jury of eight members will make a selection of the submitted cartoons which are to be exhibited in the Norwegian Cartoonist Gallery and published in www.toonsmag.com.
The jury members can be participants only in the exhibition. Selected cartoons will be exhibited in Norway, Slovakia, and India so far and can be exhibited in some other countries.
Cartoons can only be used for promotion purposes (printing, exhibition, websites, newspapers, posters, and invitation cards).
We will publish the results of the contest on 31 May 2017. For further information, please visit www.toonsmag.com
Curator, The Norwegian Cartoonist Gallery
Publisher, Toons Mag
1. Jury members “Freedom of Expression” International Cartoon Contest 2017
2. Participants List “Freedom of Expression” International Cartoon Contest & Exhibition 2017