24th Gabrovo Biennial of Humour and Satire in Art Bulgaria 2019
General Entry Rules
- The competition is open to all artists who accept the conditions of entry. Each artist may enter no more than two words in a section (two works of contemporary art and/or two cartoons). There is no restriction to the number of the artist cartoon or comic strip books submitted. (i.e. one artist may enter two cartoons and the unlimited number of artist books.) An essential condition for participation in the exhibition is that the selected works should correspond to the theme and be humorous.
- Application procedure:
- In order to apply, artists should fill in the online entry-form; depending on the type and media, each work may be visually represented with:
- up to 3 images, each one of which should not be larger than 10 MB, jpg, png or tiff format; the long side of the image should be minimum 3200 px
- the video that can be watched online at a URL provided by the artist (if a password is needed, it should be indicated in the field for additional information)
- animated cartoons (gif and flash) with a duration of up to 25 seconds (provided through a URL or file upload)
- The selection of the works will be done by an international panel of jurors.
- The selected artists must send their original works by post (or deliver them in person at the Museum) within the indicated deadline (See item 3).
- The printed artist books should be posted directly to the Museum address – no online form is necessary for them. They must be accompanied by the following form, filled-in and printed. The deadline for submitting artist cartoon and comic strip books is 8th March 2019 (the postmark is valid).
- Important dates:
- 8th March 2019, at midnight Bulgarian time (GMT+2) – closing date for applications
- the authors of works, selected for the exhibition should organize sending the original works in the week 18th – 22nd March to the following address:
Museum HOUSE OF HUMOUR AND SATIRE
68, Bryansk Str., P.O.B. 104
- All works should be sent by post or express services with PRINTED MATTER and NO COMMERCIAL VALUE noted on the package. Artists should cover the transport costs franco Gabrovo. All customs dues and landing charges payable upon the receipt and the return of the works should be covered by the artists.
- The exhibition will run until 30th September 2019. Artists who wish to have their works returned should indicate it in the entry form. Works will be sent back from 1st October until 30th November 2019 by post or express services to an address indicated by the artists. Artists may personally collect their works from the Museum within the same deadline.
- The cash prizes are subject to taxation in conformity with Bulgarian law. The prizes can be received no later than 31st December 2019.
- It is recommended that the works should be insured in advance. The Museum guarantees the safety of the works from the date of receipt to the date of return.
- The Museum reserves the right to reproduce the works on display and have them printed in its own and other publications, as well as on the Internet and the Biennial website.
- The organizers guarantee that the artists’ personal data shall be processed as it is stipulated in the Personal Data Protection Act in force in the Republic of Bulgaria now.
- The conditions of entry are contractually binding. By submitting works to the competition artists agree to the terms of this contract.
- The FAQ (frequently asked questions) section of the website provides further useful information.
24th Gabrovo Biennial of Humour and Satire in Art Bulgaria 2019, This post is also available in Bulgarian
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!