Gender Equality and Equal Rights International Cartoon Contest & Exhibition, Norway 2019-2020
About the project
“Gender Equality and Equal Rights” is a global movement to promote Gender Equality and Equal Rights through organizing International cartoon contest and exhibition.
This project is an initiative of Arifur Rahman. He is a Bangladeshi – Norwegian cartoonist, former guest cartoonist of ICORN and member of Cartoonists Rights Network International (CRNI). This project is a collaboration with Avistegnernes Hus (The Norwegian Cartoonist Gallery), Drøbak, Norway, and Supported by Fritt Ord foundation.
Theme: Gender Equality & Equal Rights
Requirements for participating
- All participants must be 13 or older and open to all artists from all over the world.
- The cartoon has to be new, never published before.
- Submitted cartoons can be in color or black and white, in any style or technique.
- Participants may send a maximum of five works. In the case of including text, it must be in English.
- Cartoons with artist’s C.V., address (in text or doc. format) and a personal photo have to be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
- Size: A3, JPG format with 300 DPI, wide or landscape format.
- Deadline: 30th of November 2019
Ten cartoonists will receive an honorable mention award.
All participants whose works will be exhibited will receive a digital catalog and a digital certificate of participation.
An International Jury of ten members will make a selection of the submitted cartoons, the jury name will appear here.
The jury members can be participants only in the exhibition.
All participant’s names will appear here.
It will be a traveling exhibition. So, selected cartoons will be exhibited in Norway, India so far and can be exhibited in some other countries. Cartoons can be used for promotion purposes (printing, exhibition, websites, newspapers, online and electronic media, catalog, posters, and invitation cards).
We will publish the results of the contest on the first of January 2020.
The photos of the exhibition will be published on the Toons Mag’s home page and on social media.
After the contest, we will announce the date and time of the exhibition opening.
For further information, please visit www.toonsmag.com contact us if you have any questions.
It is not only a cartoon contest and exhibition; it is a Global movement to promote Gender Equality and Equal Rights.
We believe, All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
We need your support and contribution. If you are interested in collaboration as a project partner, supporter, gallery or event partner please contact.