Definitions of Caricature: A caricature is a rendered image showing the features of its subject in a simplified or exaggerated way through sketching, pencil strokes, or through other artistic drawings. In literature, a caricature is a description of a person using exaggeration of some characteristics and oversimplification of others.
Definitions of Caricature
A picture, description, or imitation of a person or thing in which certain striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic or grotesque effect.
synonyms: cartoon, parody, satire, lampoon, burlesque, sendup, takeoff
make or give a comically or grotesquely exaggerated representation of (someone or something).
He was caricatured on the cover of TV Guide.
synonyms: parody, satirize, lampoon, make fun of, burlesque, mimic, send-up, take-off
- cartoon, parody, satire, lampoon, burlesque, sendup, takeoff
- imitation, impersonation
- parody, satirize, lampoon, make fun of, burlesque, mimic, send-up, take-off
- Moving on from his Hogarthian images of the early 1990s, the elements of caricature have disappeared, although he remains preoccupied with brutalization.
- He plays the role well without ever going over the top or becoming a caricature, and it creates an extremely sympathetic character.
- A caricature of Pope Francis.
- ‘It’s just fun, almost a caricature version of rockabilly,’ adds the Gutter Demon’s bassist Flipper.
- He looked like a caricature of his normal self.
Word Origin and History